PGCET 2018, Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2018 is an entrance examination conducted at State Level by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority).Candidates who are seeking admission into Post Graduate courses (Full Time & Part time) in reputed private & Government institutions situated in a& around the limits of Karnataka state.You can find all the details like Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Application Fee, Exam Dates & Admission Procedure in this article.
Courses Offered by PGCET, KEA :
|First Year MBA Full Time|
|First Year MBA Part Time|
|M.Tech Part Time|
|QIP - Quality Improvement Program|
|Second Year MCA Course|
Important Dates for PGCET 2018 :
|PGCET 2017 EVENTS||Important Dates|
|Online Application Form Start Date||July First Week 2017|
|Application Fee Payment Start Date||July First Week 2017|
|Online Application Last Date||July Last Week 2017|
|Application Fee Payment Last Date||July Last Week 2017|
|Admit Card Download||August First Week 2017|
|PGCET Exam Date||August First Week 2017|
|Results Declaration||August Last Week 2017|
|Counselling Start Date||September First Week 2017|
Application Fee: – General/Unreserved & OBC Candidates need to pay Rs 650/- as application fee through challan at State Bank Of Mysore or can be paid through E-Payment in Post Offices.Reserved candidates need to pay only Rs 500/- as application fee.
- General/Unreserved & OBC Candidates – Rs 650/-
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Candidates – Rs 500/-
Eligibility Criteria for PGCET 2018 : –
- Candidates should be from Karnataka State & should meet requirements of Karnataka State.
- Candidates should have completed seven years of academics in first class from Karnataka Institutions.
- For M.Tech Admissions candidates should have obtained 50% of marks in B.Tech & for Unreserved candidates & 45% for Sc & St Candidates.
- For MBA Admissions candidates should have obtained 50% of marks in B.Tech for Unreserved candidates & 45% for Sc & St Candidates.
- Candidates passed the undergraduate examination with Computer Applications/Statistics/Mathematics/Business Statistics/Business Mathematics as one optional subject with minimum 50% marks are eligible to apply for full-time MCA Programme. For Unreserved(Sc/St) candidates 45% of marks is sufficient.
Examination Pattern for PGCET 2018 : –
For M.Tech Programme : –
- Part 1 & Part 2, Total of 100 Marks
- Part 1 – 50 Questions – 1 Mark Each
- Part 2 – 25 Questions – 2 Marks Each
For MBA Programme : –
- Objective Questions – Total 100 Marks, 150 Minutes
- Each Question carries 1 mark each
For MCA Programme : –
- Part A & Part B, Total 100 Marks, 150 Minutes
- Part A & Part B 60 questions
- Part A – 1 Mark Each with 20 Questions
- Part B – 2 Mark Each
pgcet-2018 Important Note : –
- Hall ticket can be downloaded form PGCET official website by providing required details (App No & DOB).
- Merit list will be prepared & published based on Merit score obtained in the Written entrance examination.
- PGCET 2018 results will be released in Last week of August.